Askew’s Foods Word on the Lake Writing Contest is open to all writers 18 years and older. All submissions must contain original material, and may not have been previously published, accepted for publication, or have been a winner in another contest prior to the deadline.
This Anthology contains the winning entries from the Askew’s Foods Word on the Lake Writing Contest. Contestants competed for the prize packages which included publication in the Anthology in the following categories: fiction, nonfiction and poetry.
The 2019 Anthology is available to purchase by clicking the yellow Buy Now button, and it will be mailed anywhere in Canada for just $3.50/each (total cost $18.50/each)
The Winners of the Askew’s Foods Word on the Lake Writing Contest:
- First Place: Chelsea Comeau for Saying Goodbye to Piss Pants
- Second Place: Brandon Provencher for Pit House
- Honourable Mention: Chris McMahen for Coffee Cup Revelations
- First Place: Jaki Sawyer for Water and Wood
- Second Place: Michael Van Ziffle for No Pardon
- Honourable Mention: Peter Robin for Anti Ode
- First Place: Oliver Butterfield for Wild Ride
- Second Place: Oliver Butterfield for Lemonade Stand Economics
- Honourable Mention: Peter Robin for Miner Details
Fiction Judge Gail Bowen wrote the following :” I’ve made my choices, and it was not an easy task. The submissions were all so strong and the voices so original that I did a lot of re-reading and of revisiting my choices.
Poetry Judge Nancy Bell wrote this: …” the quality of the entries was wonderful and it made my job very hard. I wish to offer congratulations to each and every entry. Well done!:
Non-fiction Judge Jodie Renner: …these three choices really do seem to be the most engaging, well-written stories of the 22 submitted.